Housing Application Instructions for Fall 2021
Open Now - Fall 2021 Housing Application Instructions
- Visit the Housing page in the myBLINN student portal. If you have not yet applied to Blinn, visit our Steps to Apply page.
- In Quick Links, click on Housing Application.
- Read and agree to the Housing Agreement.
- Complete the housing application questions and preferences.
- Students will be directed to pay the $125 non-refundable application fee via credit card or checking/savings account (e-check). Payment is made online only at the time of the application.
- Students who do not have a credit card or checking/savings account can pay with a prepaid store credit card, which can be purchased from a variety of retail stores, including Walmart, Walgreens, and CVS. No cash or money order can be accepted in person or by mail.
Checklist to Moving In
- Apply for housing and pay the $125 non-refundable application fee.
- Submit your health insurance via your myBLINN Housing portal page.
- Register for 12 credit hours.
- Get room assignment.
- Pay refundable $100 damage deposit.
- Check your total account balance and make sure your balance is satisfied either with financial aid or a payment plan.
- Once your account balance is satisfied, then you will receive an email sent to your Blinn email account to select your move-in date and time.
Paid and Registered Requirements
All students are required to register for a minimum of 12 credit hours to receive and maintain a room assignment. Students who drop below 12 credit hours at any time can have their room assignment canceled until they register for a minimum of 12 credit hours.
The Housing and Residence Life Office requires that a student be registered for a minimum of 12 credit hours and their bill paid in full before permitted to check-in. Setting up an installment plan through the Enrollment Services Office or accepting sufficient financial aid to cover your bill will satisfy the paid portion of the paid and registered requirement.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Blinn College District is taking extra precautions to protect the health and safety of its students, employees, and campus community. With this in mind, and in accordance with Board Policy FFAC(LOCAL), the College will conduct temperature checks of students during check-in and throughout the semester.
Refundable Damage Deposit
When you receive a room assignment, you will need to log into myBLINN and pay the $100 refundable damage deposit. This deposit will be refunded to your student account at the end of the academic year (or when you move out). Please note that this deposit will be applied to any outstanding balances on your account (damages to your room, parking tickets, etc.). If you do not pay this deposit within one week of receiving your room assignment, you will lose your space on campus until this refundable deposit has been paid.
Background Check Requirements
A portion of your application fee will pay for a criminal history check. Please be aware that if you have any convictions or pending charges for a felony, Class A misdemeanor, or Class B misdemeanor, you will not be able to live on-campus, and your $125 application fee will not be refunded.
If you are an out-of-state or out-of-country resident, please monitor your Blinn email account for an email from HireRight. Included in the email is a link for you to complete your background information. This information is necessary for a background check.
The Housing and Residence Life Office will assign the student a meal plan once you have a room assignment. If your room assignment is in a residence hall, you will be assigned a blue meal plan. If your room assignment is in the apartments, you will receive an apartment meal plan. All students living on-campus are required to have a meal plan. There are three types of meal plans.
Students who cancel their rooms prior to the start of school will have the full cost of room and board removed from their bill. There are no refunds issued if a student chooses to move out of the halls unless they also unenroll from courses at Blinn prior to the 8th week of classes. After the start of the 8th week of classes, no refunds are provided.